Saturday, September 17, 2011

Back to the Grind

I must apologize for my lack of blogging lately. With school back in full swing, free time is certainly something of the past, but I fully intend to try to stay more on top of things. (Especially now that I have plenty of stories to share from my little ones).

This summer I have studied and attended workshops on the Daily 5 and CAFE. Through this I've learned to let go of my "teacher created" displays and decorations and truly anchor all of my student's learning to everything in the room, including the walls. As the "two sisters" say I have to let go of the imperfection and "bareness" and wait to decorate as the students learn. That being said I'm waiting for us to put up a few more things in the room before I take and post pictures. But we are working hard and have accomplished a lot in the three short weeks we've been in school so hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Since I can't provide more information about my classroom, I thought showing some shots and video of the school would be nice for my friends back home to see. This is a video clip from one of the news stations in Raleigh shot on our first day of school. Let's just say the first day jitters intensified by about a million when I pulled into the parking lot full news crews, vans and cameras from stations around Raleigh!

http://www.wral.com/news/education/wake_county_schools/video/10046520/

No comments:

Post a Comment